What is a Webinar and how does it work?
- A webinar is an online event that is hosted by a person or organization and broadcast to people through their computers via the Internet.
- A webinar is sometimes referred to as a "webcast", "online event" or "Web Seminar".
- A webinar allows a speaker from the hosting organization to SHARE PowerPoint presentations, videos, web pages or other multimedia content worth audiences that can be located anywhere.
- Webinars typically have audio and visual components. The visual component of a webinar is shared through a web conferencing tool or internet browser.
- The audio portion of a webinar is usually broadcast through the audience's computer (through speakers and media players) or through the telephone.
- A webinar is interactive. The webinar organizer can conduct live polls and surveys. The audience can ask the speaker and panelists questions in real time.